13 Aug How Video Marketing works?
How Video Marketing works?
If a photo’s worth a thousand words, then how much more valuable should a video be? Video marketing refers to the use of video to market or promote your brand or offering on digital channels. In simple terms, when you use video to market your brand, product or service, engage on social media channels, educate your target audience or customers, and interact with them, you’re said to be using video marketing. Additionally, video marketing can serve as a medium to present how-to’s, promote customer testimonials, live-stream events and deliver viral content.
Video marketing: The Numbers
- 76% of the businesses which use video marketing believe that it results in good ROI.
- 93% of businesses believe that it increases user understanding of their product or service.
- 72% of businesses believe that it has improved the conversion rate of their website. ● Email subject lines that include the word “video” see a 19% increase in open rates, and a 65% boost in click-throughs.
- Four times as many customers would prefer to watch a product video, than read a product description.
- After watching a video, customers are 64-85% more likely to make a purchase.
It’s not just the businesses who are inclined towards using video as a marketing device, customers are more willing to receive marketing messages in the form of videos too. According to a report from Hubspot Research, over 50% of customers prefer video over other types of content from a brand. Businesses use videos on their landing pages (to explain how offering works and its benefits), social media posts (to engage with the audience), blogs (to retain more readers), and even in the emails (to support their marketing campaigns). Out of them, 83% believe their home page explainer video to be effective, 78% believe video on social media to be a great tactic, and 80% believe videos in emails bring in the required ROI.
Benefits of Video Marketing:
- Stays visible longer on social feeds
- Gets more exposure and engagement
- Increase the understanding of your product
- It stands out more
- Provides a more personable way to engage with your audience
- They are a powerful sales tool
- Ranks higher in SERPs
- They are growing in popularity across platforms
There is a certain process to develop a video marketing strategy:
- Allocate your resources
- Tell your stories/ storytelling
- Engage your audience
- Keep it short and crisp
- Track your engagements
A video marketing strategy isn’t just about adding a video to market your product or services. It involves careful selection, development, and placement of videos as separate assets or within existing marketing campaigns to get the most out of it. There are many ways by which you can use videos in your marketing strategies, such as:
- Product demo
- Customers testimonials
- Event videos
- How-to videos
- Explainer videos
- Live videos
Videos have revolutionized how brands connect with customers. They have changed the way a brand sells, the way customers shop, the way consumers consume, and the way service teams maintain relations with the customers. Video marketing has become the content strategy leader in the marketing world and is the content your audience expects in the future. The earlier you get started with videos, the better your success in the long run.
(Source: hubspot, ngdata)